What Window Tinting Can Do For Your Vehicle
The main reason that people tint the windows on their vehicle is to make it look better. Any vehicle will look sharper and sleeker with tinted windows. Some people tint their windows for the privacy that it can provide. If you do not want people seeing in your windows, a tinting kit can help with that. Window tinting will also keep the sun’s harmful UV rays from fading the vehicle’s interior.
How To Tint a Vehicle’s Windows In a Few Easy Steps
Tinting your windows yourself, using a window tinting kit is not as difficult as you may think. By doing it yourself, you can also save yourself a great deal of money.
1. Purchase Your Kit: The first step is to choose your window tinting kit. You need to find the right kit that fits your particular vehicle, and choose the level of darkness that you want your windows to be. If you are not sure of how dark your state’s regulations will allow you to go, you can contact your local police department.
2. Clean Your Windows: It is important that you clean any dirt and debris from your windows completely. If there is any dirt remaining, it can create air pockets between the window and the tint, which will cause bubbles. If your windows are very dirty, you may need to clean them twice to get everything off. It is important to clean from top to bottom, including in the rubber gasket that holds the window in place. If it is not cleaned, it will get the window dirty when it is rolled down. After cleaning the window, you should use either a squeegee or paper towels to dry it. You cannot apply tint to a wet window.
3. Applying the Application Solution: The good thing about using tint from a kit is that it is pre-cut. This can make the application much easier. Before you apply the tint, roll your window down about 2 inches. Next, apply the application solution to the inside of the window. Be sure to be generous with the amount that you spray, however, do not spray too much. You do not want it to leak down the door panel. When the solution is applied, the film liner should be peeled from the liner. You should spray more of the solution until the adhesive is exposed. To ensure that the film liner is attached firmly, press down hard.
4. Applying the Tint: You want to apply the tint ,while your window is still rolled down. Carefully position the film, lining it up to the shape of the window. No window tinting kit will match your windows exactly, however, it will be very close. Next, using a squeegee, press the film onto the glass, going from the middle of the window out to the edges. Be sure to place the film between the gasket as well. If the film is not sticking to the glass, you may not be applying enough pressure with the squeegee. It is important to push all air bubbles out. Once the solution is dry, you will not be able to remove the air bubbles.
5. After Care: It is important that you leave your window rolled down in the position that it was in when you tinted it for at least 48 hours. If you try to roll it down too soon, it can damage the tint.
After the Tint Has Dried
Once the tint has dried, you can roll your windows up and drive around in your sharper, sleeker looking car. If you did it correctly, the tint should last for many, many years.
People will learn more about window tinting on this website. They will also be able to get in contact with our representatives in order to learn how to complete the process of getting window tinting. The people who don’t have window tinting are missing out on it in more ways than one. Hopefully, after reading this website, they will understand that.